Official Contest Rules
- The “The Take the Trolley Contest” (“Contest”) is open to any legal resident of the United States, eighteen (18) years-of-age or older, who resides in the KHNR-AM broadcast listening area. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and immediate family and household members of Salem Media of Hawaii, Inc., licensee of KHNR-AM (“Radio Station”), its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies, its advertising and promotion agencies and anyone who has won a prize from Radio Station in the last thirty (30) days are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- There will be up to sixteen (16) Prize winners. The Contest will be conducted on Wednesday, November 24, 2021 (the “Contest Day”). During the Contest Hours, Radio Station will air a “Call to Action” sounder (“Sounder”) sixteen (16) times, approximately once every 15 minutes, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. HST and 10:00 a.m. HST (the “Contest Hours”). The first person to call Radio Station at 808-294-5162 after each Sounder is played will be a Prize winner. Prize winners will be notified at the time of calling Radio Station that they are the winners. An individual may only become a Prize winner once during the Contest.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of calls received and the date and time of the call. Winner may have to complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability and, where lawful, publicity release. If Radio Station does not receive the affidavit and release within five (5) days after notification that the Prize is ready for pickup, the Prize may be forfeited. Except where prohibited by law, by signing the affidavit and release, the winner grants permission to the use of his/her/its name, likeness, picture, portrait, hometown, service mark, voice, biographical/other information, and statements for advertising and promotional purposes for this and other promotions by Radio Station without any additional compensation.
- There are sixteen (16) Prizes. Each Prize consists of a Family 4-Pack of tickets to Waikiki Trolley Holiday Lights Tour, held on Sunday, December 5, 2021 at 6pm HST, with an approximate retail value of $80. Tickets are for cost of admission only and are redeemable online at holidaylightshi.com after all required proof and documentation is received. All other expenses, including transportation and parking are the responsibility of the winner. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent will be given for the Prize, provided however, Radio Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by and be bound by all of these Official Contest Rules and the decisions of General Manager of Radio Station ("Contest Judge"). All decisions regarding the Contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winner, will be made by the Contest Judge, whose decisions shall be final. The Contest Judge may prohibit an entrant from participating in this Contest, in his/her sole discretion, if, in the opinion of the Contest Judge, the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (i) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (ii) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant or Radio Station, its parent company, its parent’s affiliated companies or its advertising and promotion agencies, or (iii) in any other disruptive manner. The winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and may be required to complete a W-9 taxpayer identification form. All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold Radio Station, its parent companies and its parent’s affiliated companies harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
- To find out the winners of the Contest, send your e-mail request to [email protected] upon the conclusion of the Contest.